4.04.2009

Shout Aloud Fun Times


[PV] POLYSICS - Shout Aloud!

Newest single from the new-wave/electro-rock band POLYSICS. I have to say that I personally am not a fan of the new outfits they have chosen to go with since the latest change. (My favorite has to be the outfits before this one from KARATE HOUSE-era.) But, either way, both the video and song are the typical fare you would expect from POLYSICS. It does sound really fun to listen to live, as do most of their songs. Also, as many fans have been quick to point out, the teaser for the b-side "Beat Flash" at the end of the video sounds very promising!

To follow up on the last post I made, I did kind of terrible in the placement test, mainly in the listening and conversation sections. However, thankfully, I have been fortunate to not get placed in 200-level Japanese (the lowest section you can get placed in my program). I'm right where I want to be, so I guess that makes me happy.

All of the other things that have been going on since then have been making me happy too. Let's see:

-Visited Harajuku and the famous Takeshita Street
(Also found a really awesome modern art gallery in Harajuku.)
-Visited Ueno Park and proceeded to get stuck in permanent awe-mode.
(Awesome shrines + tons of sakura = permanent awe-mode.)
-Went to Meikai University's Nyuugakushiki.
(Nyuugakushiki = Entrance Ceremony.)
-Visited Yoyogi Park and proceeded to get stuck in permanent awe-mode...again.
(Tons of sakura + awesome atmosphere = permanent awe-mode.)
-Visited Shibuya.
(Got screwed on my tickets for OGRE YOU ASSHOLE and POLYSICS. Sold out. *shakes fist*)

Oh well @ the last part. Kind of disappointed I won't be able to see OYA. (I found another POLYSICS show I can attend thankfully.) But, now, I know a bit better on how tickets in Japan. Selling out about a week before the show is more common than I thought, so I'll have to be more careful in purchasing them a bit more ahead of time.

I'm still determined as ever to attend a show here before I leave. Oh, and to not fail miserably in Japanese. Riiight. >_>

-REG

No comments:

Post a Comment